[vc_row no_margin=”true”][vc_column][container][text_output]Purchasing an energy efficient home or implementing energy efficiency improvements in an existing home is a smart investment. Your home will have improved:[/text_output][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][text_output]
- Air quality
- Utility bills
- Maintenance bills
- Impact on the environment
[/text_output][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][image link=”true” target=”blank” src=”425″][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/container][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row no_margin=”true”][vc_column][container][text_output]
New Home Construction:
When buying new construction, an Energy Star certified home is a smart investment. Your home will be tested and guaranteed to outcompete other homes in comfort, durability and operational costs. In comparison to a standard home, an energy efficient, Energy Star home:
- Consumes 30% less energy
- Saves $300 a year
- Releases 3,700 fewer pounds of Greenhouse Gases a year, which is equivalent to planting 43 trees
Upgrading building features, like the insulation, HVAC systems, and windows can greatly improve the energy efficiency, value, indoor air quality and comfort of an existing home.[/text_output][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][image src=”1174″][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][text_output]
- According to the Department of Energy, if duct work is not properly sealed, a home may lose 20–30% of its air to unconditioned spaces. A duct blaster test can measure the leakiness of a duct system and once sealed, duct efficiency can improve by 80%, saving approximately $200–250 a year and improving indoor air quality
- Based on the “Evidence of Rational Market Valuation for Home Energy Efficiency” study, replacing an old air conditioning unit in hot climates has strong economic benefits. Installing a high efficient, high SEER rating unit saves approximately $300 a year in cooling costs and adds $6,000 in resale value.
- Heating and cooling in the southwest accounts for 40-50% of annual energy bills. The Department of Energy states that properly installed insulation can reduce heating and cooling costs by 20% while also improving thermal comfort.
Numerous studies have been conducted nation-wide that indicate a direct correlation between energy efficiency upgrades and higher home market value:
- According to extensive research conducted by ICF Consulting and funding by the EPA, the market value of a home increases by $10 – $25 for every $1 decrease in annual fuel bills.
- In 2010, an Earth Alliance Institute study showed that resale homes certified with a green label (Energy Star, LEED, HERS, etc.) in Portland, Oregon, sold for approximately 30% more than comparable non-green homes. Residential Solar PV Systems
- Solar energy is a clean, renewable energy source that can drastically reduce a home’s utility bills and environmental impact. The leading solar pv installing in the United States, SolarCity, states that an average home solar power system offsets 30 tons of Carbon Dioxide over 30 years. This reduction of greenhouse gases is equivalent to planting 2,400 trees or avoiding 60,000 miles of driving.
- Because of the increasing benefits and cost-effectiveness of solar energy, the number of residential solar systems is increasing nationwide. According to The Interstate Renewable Energy Council, residential solar installations have been growing at an average 51 percent rate annually for the last five years.
- The National Bureau of Economic Research measured the economic advantage of selling a home with a solar pv system. While focusing in California, the study indicated a 4% increase in resale value or a $20,000 price increase on a $500,000 home.
- Based on a 2011 Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory study in California, a home with a relatively new pv system can expect to see an increase in sales price of $5.50 per watt which translates to $17,000 for an average 3,100 watt system.
[/text_output][/container][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row style=”text-align: center;”][vc_column][line][button size=”regular” href=”http://smartlivinglc.com/contact-us/” style=”text-align: center;”]
Contact Us For More Information